Next Generation Leaders
- Projectes de recerca
- Termini FSJD:
Professional development for emerging leaders in the field of neuroscience by providing opportunities and informal training on how to serve as scientific advisors.
The Next Generation Leaders gain direct experience with the model of collaborative team science embraced at the Institute, and act as Institute ambassadors with academic and industry colleagues
The Next Generation Leaders Council includes early career investigators and postdocs who act as advisors and ambassadors for our mission of using big science, team science, and open science to accelerate understanding of the brain.
Roles and program benefits during the Next Generation Leader term:
- Attend the annual Showcase Symposium and related events, to be held December 2021 in Seattle, Washington (or virtually).
- In the first year of serving on the Council, give a presentation on current research at the Showcase Symposium.
- Provide feedback in an interactive format with other Council members on research programs and other initiatives at the Allen Institute.
- Attend one additional Allen Institute scientific advisory council meeting per year, and gain experience serving on and participating in an advisory council with senior scientists from across the world.
- Attend network sessions with Allen Institute scientists, current, and former Next Generation Leaders through additional events and serve as ambassadors for the Institute and brain-map.org resources in the neuroscience community.
All travel and accommodation expenses and an annual honorarium will be paid
All Next Generation Leaders will serve a three-year term.
Hold an M.D. and/or Ph.D. in a relevant field
Currently serve in a postdoctoral position or began as an Assistant Professor in or after June 2019 (or the equivalent level in industry)
Have a passion for understanding the complex problems facing brain research today
Application form with biografical information: https://alleninstitute.submittable.com/submit/4cfff91e-73a6-4263-86df-18cec94ab6e5/next-generation-leaders-program-2021
Letter from the applicant including a description for a general audience of research and/or professional accomplishments, and the impact the applicant hopes to have in the neuroscience field over the next 10 years (1 page max.)
Two letters of recommendation addressing the applicant's innovative work, potential, and ability to bridge disciplines, submitted directly from the recommenders
In case of interest, contact with internacional(ELIMINAR)@fsjd.org